What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#64158 by jimgoodman
Wed May 28, 2014 9:39 pm
joshhuggins wrote:We are loving the GTV Link function, but the only drag is when you need to update multiple GTV's to include say a set of newly added layers within the xref. We have to go to in and out of the reference manger and GTV lists for every view that needs to be updated and it can be very time consuming.

:idea: It would be great if there was a GTV dropdown like we have within the Layer Manager with a update button that would update the GTV Link information with what is set in the layer list for that xref (see image)

:idea: It would also be a big time saver if when we right click in the layer section of the Ref. Man., that we could "Copy Layer Selection" "Paste Layer Selection" like we can currently with the Highlighting settings. A new option that might be nice would be a "Paste Additional Layer Selection" that would add the previously copied layer selection to the existing layer selection so that way if different views have different layer showing for that xref, but they all need the newly added layers it could be done much quicker. Thanks for the ears.

YES PLEASE :D
#64166 by joshhuggins
Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm
:idea: It would be handy if when we select a Xref GTV on the right side of the Ref Manager dialog, that the layer list to the left would jump to the first layer that was just turned on.
#64247 by joshhuggins
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 am
Would be nice if smart window headers had a width option on the header tab to determine the overall width of the header so we could size it to correctly show the header bearing on wide trimmers/post if needed. Or is there a different way to approach this I am missing?
#64387 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 pm
Just wanted to bump the wish of being able to set a linetype and spacing for smart door's 2D swing arc. :mrgreen:
#64390 by Roger D
Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:47 am
I'd support having the linetype to be defined separately.
#64478 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:43 pm
I don't know if this would be too much trouble but I wish that we could get an ini option so that in the dimension properties dialog (and Datacad menu) that instead of Line 1 being the line that the first point of the dimension is created with, that it would always be the left dimension line (relative to the default text orientation). When wanting to toggle dimension lines on/off it drives ya nuts when trying to guess which line you need to edit because who knows what direction another user may have drawn the dimension. If it was possible, I would guess there maybe users who might prefer Line 1 to always be the right line so maybe the ini option would be something like;

Dimline1=Left or Right

:idea: Also, an old wish I missed bringing forward to the v.16 wishlist. This is actually kind of an important one IMHO
Would be amazingly amazing if rounding was a property of individual dimensions instead of a global setting. Could be like Scale Type where if set to Drawing you use the drawing setting, or for specific dimension(s) they could have a their own rounding.
Dimension Rounding.png
Dimension Rounding.png (114.01 KiB) Viewed 18581 times

:idea: If this is too complicated or would cause a major slow down, then how about GTV's remembering Rounding Precision's so specific sheets (details for MSP users) could have their own settings instead of the whole drawing?
:idea: Or if both were fairly easy, you could have both! Where when enabled and set to Drawing, dimensions could use the GTV's remembered rounding settings.
#64536 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 pm
It would be VERY handy if each dimension type (Linear, Angular, Diameter, Radius) had their own styles (Text Style, Dim Style, Arrow Style) instead of sharing the same settings. Makes remembering what to change when switching between the different types of dimensions a real chore.
#64541 by Dave
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:12 pm
joshhuggins wrote:It would be VERY handy if each dimension type (Linear, Angular, Diameter, Radius) had their own styles (Text Style, Dim Style, Arrow Style) instead of sharing the same settings. Makes remembering what to change when switching between the different types of dimensions a real chore.

Identify/Setall and be left in the postion to draw what has just been Identified - maybe
#64543 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 pm
That works if you have an associate dimension of that type already in the drawing, which works great for linear, but where I keep running into it is when I need to add an angular dimension, which we don't have associative dimensions for them any how so I don't think that would work there.

Funny related thing I noticed today. We use ticks marks for linear dims and arrows for angular dims. You would think that if the same size was used for the tick size they would be the same, but the arrow ticks draw larger that ticks of the same size.
#64544 by Dave
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm
I have a layer with Text, Line Types and Dim styles I use regularly. Setup a GTV, select the item I want to match go back to previous view and carry on. Just wish that when I do the identify/setall that Datacad would be ready to continue in the identified mode. e.g. if vertical dim identified then snap to first point of new vertical dim, if angular dim identified then snap to first point of angular dim, if symbol identified then place symbol etc.

Cheers Dave
#64555 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:33 am
Would be nice if we could double click on a symbol from Windows Explorer and have them open in the symbol editor.
#64574 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:39 pm
Could we get user specific SymbolBrowserInfo.Ini files? We have people in our office who are enjoying their symbol browser spread out over on a secondary monitor who would like much different grid settings that those who may prefer having it docked to their drawing window in a much smaller area. Maybe similar to what was done for the clipbooks maybe? As always, thanks for the ears! :D
#64608 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 pm
Could we please get the Select All feature added to the dcadwin.mnu? I have had it at Ctrl+A for a while and I think it has bit me a few times without knowing it until later. I know we can change it to another Ctrl+character via the dcadwin.ini, but I would like to add make it Ctrl+Shift+A as doing a three button combo is much less likely to happen with my lazy fingers.
#64693 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:16 pm
Would be nice if the Batch Plot GTV check boxes could be Multi-State Check Boxes that support holding SHIFT to check groups of boxes.