What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#63879 by Mark Bell
Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Hi All,

Thanks for the tips - I've already been mirroring either smart arrows or standard arrows (then pressing comma to delete the second leader) and my post was more about adding the dual head as a built in feature. Similarly with the ellipse measurement, to date I do a HLR of the ellipse, then apply a solid fill with outline on and this allows an area measurement....but again the wishlist is to have this built in so DataCAD is able to measure the area/perimeter etc. simply using the Identify/select command...... :wink:
#63954 by Neil Blanchard
Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 am
Here's a "biggie" - if the Reference File Manager could have a spot that shows the Layer that each Reference is on, that would be fabulous! And then if we could pull down the list of layers in the drawing, and be able to move the reference to another layer, that would be even better.

Better than fabulous! :twisted: 8) :D
#63958 by Roger D
Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 am
in the RM, right click on the xref, it shows the Layer.

In the drawing, right click on the Xref, select the top properties, and you can change the layer.
#63962 by Roger D
Tue May 06, 2014 1:58 pm
Those programmers are always adding easter eggs and cookies waiting for us to find them. :D
#64020 by Roger D
Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:We are working with a lot of DWG's that have been scanned and "traced" and they use a different door symbol for every conceivable size and orientation - meaning there are about 80 symbols that are all the wrong color for our pen table. And the same goes for oodles of other symbols.

So, I am hoping we have a way to map colors within unexploded symbols for an entire drawing. Because otherwise, we either have to change our pen table, or explode all these symbols; with the added complication that they are drawing with polylines, so editing them after exploding is problematic.

Remembered your post. Have another solution.
Edit the Default.tbl file under the Support Files folder.
Change the lines for A_Color_##=##.
I had a Acad file with over 100 different equipment symbols for a franchise, and in this case by remapping a few =## to what I wanted, I reimported the file and it now looks like I want it.
#64041 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am
We really need to be able to Refresh XRefs / self references that reside on a locked layer. This is to avoid erasing the XRef / self reference when using entity or group; but let it be refreshed without having to unlock the layer(s) or close and reopen the drawing.
#64042 by Roger D
Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am
What version you on?

New Features in DataCAD 16.01.00 (Since 16.00.01):
10) XREFs on locked layers can now be refreshed (but not reloaded).

Sounds like it should work????
#64052 by Neil Blanchard
Fri May 16, 2014 7:34 am
Thanks Roger, I had missed this - that is great news!

Come to think of it, there is a warning that pops up when you Update a GTV about locked layers - it says: Warning: This GoTo View contains an XRef on a locked layer. The GoTo View Link was unable to be added/updated for this XRef. What is this for? It has deterred several people here in the office from using this feature. It seems to recur once for each locked XRef layer - even if they are not turned on in the current GTV.

Can this warning be removed, please?
#64056 by David A. Giesselman
Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am
Neil:

This warning is presented for XRefs that reside on Locked layers in the Master drawing. It has nothing to do with locked layers within the XRef.

Dave
#64058 by Neil Blanchard
Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 pm
Hi Dave,

Right, we need to lock the layer that the XRef resides on (so we cannot erase the XRef) and this warning prevents us from updating the GTV after toggling on/off some layers. In other words, being able to Refresh an XRef on a locked layer is great, but if we have to unlock the XRef layer(s) *just* to be able to Update a GTV after toggling layers we need in that GTV - then we still have a problem.
#64060 by David A. Giesselman
Fri May 16, 2014 12:52 pm
Hmm, that would kind of go against the rules of a locked layer as updating an XRef's GTV link is, in fact, modifying the XRef.

Dave