What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65422 by Mark Bell
Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:45 am
.....I'm on a roll and looking at the time you're all in bed so I'm putting in for a Plot Sheet Manager again (Dear Santa....) which could be another tab appended to the Layer Manager and would operate similar to the LM except allow plot sheets to be quickly moved up/down the list, sheet name amended etc. Once projects go over 40-50 sheets it's time consuming to insert or moving sheets around using the current method of the side menu. A PSM would be a lot more efficient.... :mrgreen:
#65423 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:31 am
We are not ALL asleep ;)
#65425 by melina
Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 am
Mark Bell wrote:.....I'm putting in for a Plot Sheet Manager again (Dear Santa....) which could be another tab appended to the Layer Manager and would operate similar to the LM except allow plot sheets to be quickly moved up/down the list, sheet name amended etc. Once projects go over 40-50 sheets it's time consuming to insert or moving sheets around using the current method of the side menu. A PSM would be a lot more efficient.... :mrgreen:

Extra vote for this - even for a few sheets, this would be handy. I'll also revive the wish for a GotoView manager in dialog form!
#65433 by Mark Bell
Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:34 pm
I design the majority of my work using smart parametrics so it has the benefit of being 2D/3D simultaneously. There is a lot of changing between plan, elevation and iso/perspective views to see what's happening as the building is designed. A wishlist would be to introduce additional 'live' views/windows so the screen could be split into multiple viewports with windows assigned to plan, elevation, iso etc....and for those with dual monitors the additional windows could be placed on the second screen. This would allow working in plan in one window, then seeing the changes update real time in the other windows. Click in say an isometric view window and continue to draw/edit in that window then move across to another as needed. I've used the current multi-view windows (Ctrl-W) and set some to active update but that's only good for viewing and isn't as seamless as it could be to improve workflow.
#65436 by Dave
Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:58 am
Much like Rhino. Double click in one of the views and that becomes full screen for editing in. Change/move something in a view and they all update.

Dave
#65578 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 am
Hello,

I am doing what we almost always are doing in this office: working in drawings that are imported DWG's. And due to either inherent issues in ACAD and/or sloppy drafting practices, there are a lot of duplicated lines. Here's my big wish:

To be able have DataCAD scan a layer for all lines that are wholly or partially coincident, and to also filter them by color. If I choose to weld all coincident lines that are the same color, and/or then erase all the lines that are coincident and are a different color - THIS WOULD BE INCREDIBLE!

Lastly, when lines are on different layers, and are coincident, then this could also be useful, but we need to be able to find these, and then edit them appropriately - so if they can just "flash" until we close this filtering tool, that would be very helpful.

Edit: this is quite similar to using HLR, but that is possibly more time consuming and is fairly obscure use of this tool.
#65579 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:05 pm
One thing to check Neil, is if you have them explode their parametric entities before sending is a lot of the time their over lapping entities are exploded into different z heights that made up their parametric entities. Switching to a elevation view and then moving to one side might help clear things up. Usually this helps for the wall layers most it seems.
#65641 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:29 pm
Hi,

We can currently flip a symbol using the Enlarge menu, by setting the X or Y enlargement factor to -1. Could this function be explicitly added to the Mirror menu? Maybe on the initial mirror line menu, it could have a X-Axis and Y-Axis? And then it would work on a symbol, entity, group or area selection.
#65807 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 pm
Two Wishlist items related to symbols:

Replace that ignores the enlargement factors of the symbol getting replaced. Maybe this could be also able to "map" the rotation position, as well.

On the Enlarge menu, it would be helpful to have a Center option that was the insertion point of the symbol.
#65810 by melina
Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:15 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:On the Enlarge menu, it would be helpful to have a Center option that was the insertion point of the symbol.

I was just wishing/needing this. Vote- YES!
#65811 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:58 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Replace that ignores the enlargement factors of the symbol getting replaced. Maybe this could be also able to "map" the rotation position, as well.
as an additional option, big yes!

Neil Blanchard wrote:On the Enlarge menu, it would be helpful to have a Center option that was the insertion point of the symbol.
And me too on this one! :mrgreen:
#65866 by Mark Bell
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:08 pm
I'm working on a large site plan with a radial setout and the centre point of the arc is a long way off screen. Each time I need to rotate entities I have to zoom out and scroll down and zoom in to locate the centre point of the arc, snap to it as the rotate 'by centre' point them zoom out and up the screen and in again to where I am working.

Wishlist - add F5 By Arc Center - all I need to do is touch the relevant arc and the rotate command automatically uses its centre point as the point of rotation. This saves all the zooming and panning mentioned above.

Wishlist 2 - add the ability to save multiple rotation points (and give them unique names in the side menu) allowing the ability to select a presaved point/location as the point of rotation,
#65870 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:20 pm
Mark Bell wrote:Wishlist - add F5 By Arc Center - all I need to do is touch the relevant arc and the rotate command automatically uses its centre point as the point of rotation. This saves all the zooming and panning mentioned above.

Wishlist 2 - add the ability to save multiple rotation points (and give them unique names in the side menu) allowing the ability to select a presaved point/location as the point of rotation,
Both killer ideas Mark! Image
#65872 by Mark Bell
Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:42 pm
Hi Josh,

Yeah....I've been meaning to add these for a couple of years now but keep forgetting/getting sidetracked.