What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#11931 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:14 am
It would be nice if we could change the file order in batch plots. When you grab a bunch of files to batch plot, the last one you grabbed always ends up on top. You have to remove it, then go back out and get it so the sheets plot in the correct order. It would be nice if you could just grab the file and click a down/up arrow to move it or even a button for "Move to End".
#11948 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 pm
Ditto!
#11956 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 pm
Have you tried picking the last one first?
#11962 by deliriousga
Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:30 pm
Yes, but if you forget, you're out of luck. We often forget because every other Windows program lets you do this. It's just a little nuisance that's easy to fix.
#11969 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:10 pm
I have another program that does this as well but it gives you a chance to change the order before you save it out. I almost always plot to PDF files from DCAD so I can check them and get additional prints later if I want. So when I actually go to plot the PDF files I can set the order then so it is not a huge problem for me.
#14817 by deliriousga
Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:07 am
Since installing Windows Vista RC1, files open in the order I chose them instead of putting the last one first.

That takes care of the every time you grab a bunch of files problem, but it would still be nice to be able to change the order if you grab a few here and a few there then want to rearrange them.
#14832 by Steve Scott
Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm
Are you talking about batch plotting directly to a printer? It's for this
reason we mostly plot to file first, then use a plotter interface to plot them
out on the printer, where rearranging them is a lot more simple.