What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#14721 by Ted B
Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:01 pm
It would be nice if...

...you could link or paste a spreadsheet onto a Datacad drawing. At the moment I just run the 11x17" paper through the printer twice; once for the spreadsheet-generated schedule, and the second time for the Datacad-generated drawing-sheet and titleblocks. The problem is when I need to generate .pdf's...and I can't meld the two together into one sheet that readable. I just re-format the spreadsheet-sheet's output for .pdf as a stand-alone page(s) using headers and footers in-lieu of titleblocks. The same is true for my general notes and specifications. Inelegant, but it works.

I run Open Systems' word-processor and spreadsheet saving to Word and Xcel-formats to compatibility in shared files. Pdf-format is fine as long as you stay away from a .jpeg import from Datacad or Pdf.
#14724 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 pm
Could you just print to pdf from excel and then print to pdf from DataCAD, then merge the pdf's? -- and then print the pdf, even stretching as needed to fill the sheet, if the resolution will allow.
#14732 by Ted B
Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:54 pm
I thought of that, and I can't get them sucessfully superimposed.

I also tried using PS-Elements to superimpse the .pdf's and the text came out so coarsely-pixelated to be unaccepable.