The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#43629 by Roger D
Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am
I'm thinking maybe there is a program anomaly occurring.

Looking at my dimstyles, I remembered a discussion before, which made me change my Alt-D keyboard to look like
Code: Select allD^·^È^:^F8^F1^S2^F1^Lin1Lin2On$^S0^¸^É

So that Line1 & 2 would always be on.
It works in loading the dimstyle at that level.
Maybe it's just down in the change dimension "To Style" does not accept named entry via a macro.
?Mark, David? you listening? :?
#53764 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 pm
A little bump a boo to this olddie. Would really like to get this working. Would make importing DWG files a lot easier to be able to run this as part of our import DWG cleanup toolbar code. I think Roger is right in that it seems to be the dialog is not setup to work with the macros.

I am trying to make a toolbar button to preform the following string of menu commands. Change, Dimensions, To Style,(dialog:stylename.dimstyle), Dim Style Off, Dim Style On (AutoEnters DimStyle Menu), Increment Off, Exit Dim Style Menu, Set Selection to Area. Below is my code.
Code: Select all^;^F0^S9^S5^1-8.dimstyle$^F9^F9^F9^S0^F3^
#54437 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am
Is there a code to set the 2D door value for Match Door on/off?

:idea: Even if you have F5 Match Door toggled on and the F6 Swing Color option disapears, you can still hit F6 and set the color option. 8)
#54853 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 pm
:?: Is there a way to set a context toolbar while in the insert symbol menu?
#63020 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm
:?: Are there extended codes to set the state for Curves, Polyline, Voids, Create New on/off? If not, could we got some please?

Also the http://www.datacad.com/ddn/extended_cha ... codes.html list is missing the following items,

1071 : KnockOut for Curves On
1072 : KnockOut for Curves Off
1073 : KnockOut Border for Curves On
1074 : KnockOut Border for Curves Off
1075 : KnockOut for Polygons and Slabs On
1076 : KnockOut for Polygons and Slabs Off
1077 : KnockOut Border for Polygons and Slabs On
1078 : KnockOut Border for Polygons and Slabs Off

and has this message at the bottom of the page.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
#64813 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 pm
Is there a code to set the state of the 2D doors, Swing Style, Match Door? Trying to set the color Trying to set the status via a macro but gets hung up if Match Door is already on. If there is no code I guess I can set it in the default drawings and will just have to manually set in old drawings.

Edit: Nevermind on setting the color as it still sets the color at F6 even if it's set to Match Door. Still need the code to toggle off Match Door if it's on if possible. Thanks.
#64818 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Is there a code to set the state of the 2D doors, Swing Style, Match Door? Trying to set the color Trying to set the status via a macro but gets hung up if Match Door is already on. If there is no code I guess I can set it in the default drawings and will just have to manually set in old drawings.

Edit: Nevermind on setting the color as it still sets the color at F6 even if it's set to Match Door. Still need the code to toggle off Match Door if it's on if possible. Thanks.

Added to my list.

Dave
#64851 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:00 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Added to my list.
Dave

Thanks Dave.

Another question for ya'll, is there a way to get the B= toolbar code to open the Symbol Browser's Folder Browse dialog box to a certain location vs. loading that location? Wanted to open the browse dialog at a specific folder and allow the user to select from the folders under it.
#65259 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:28 pm
I have started setting the DropDownCount= to a large number like 60 to avoid me forgetting to update the number when I add new buttons. Any reason I shouldn't?
#65332 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 pm
Is there a command I could use in a toolbar macro to loop/restart the macro?

How about a code to refresh the display?
#65335 by Roger D
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 am
to restart a command aliais
0169 © call a command line alias

to refresh yourself
0085 U Regenerate Display List or
0117 u Regenerate Display List
#65340 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 pm
O.K. I think I could maybe use a command alias call and clearing the stack in between to get me where I want to go with this one. Will have to play with it a bit to see. So where did you get the info for 0169? It's not defined on the online Character Code list. Wish that list could get updated with everything that is available (hint hint :wink: )

As for the refresh, I was wanting to do a refresh rather than a regen to keep things snappy. I am getting a cursor ghost at one point in my macro and thought a refresh would be nice to clear it up.

Thanks Roger!
#65341 by Roger D
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:28 pm
p45 of Reference Manual
(Pro) Keyboard Macros and Nested Aliases
Keyboard macro sequences used in (Alt) + (Key) combinations, toolbars, or command line aliases can include up to 1,024 commands. ^F1, or ^Enter this line of text$, and ^12.5$ each equal one command, so there is essentially no limit to the number of keystrokes per macro string.
You can use the PAUSE character (Alt) + (0170) "ª" when defining a keyboard macro string. Inserting this character after a carat "^ª" causes the macro sequence to halt until you click or type. If the pause character is followed by text (i.e., "^ªThis is a comment"), the text will be displayed in DataCAD as a prompt. You may not use the dollar sign ($) character in comment strings.
You can call a command line alias from a keyboard, toolbar, or command line alias macro sequence, allowing you to chain together existing aliases by name. To call a command line alias by name, precede the command name with the special character (Alt) + (0169) "©". For example, (B^;^F7^ªSelect entity to erase^©cp) calls the "cp" alias after going to the Erase menu and waiting for one input.

I've requested through Mark Toce that the file get updated. I keep my own copy in word so I can update while beta versions are adding new codes.
#66807 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm
Is there a way to suppress the display of the comment toolbar for a specific pause in a toolbar macro? I know we can use Suppress Macro Hint Toolbar= to suppress it all the time, but would like to suppress it just a few times in a macro I am making. If not, could the Macro toolbar be auto suppressed if there is no comment with a pause instead of displaying the toolbar with the No Comment message?