Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64670 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 pm
Anyone out there have any experience using Datacad 16 and work with someone by saving down to v.11 and then back up to 16 again? I was wanting to get some help from a fellow Datacad architect, but just found out he is on v.11 and looking at the Revision History, I am more than hesitant to downgrade our files to roundtrip our files to ver. 11 and back. Not sure if it would be worth the time. We don't currently use smart entities on these projects, but the bulk of all of Datacad's other fixes and enhancements are being used heavily. Changes to the database structure/features for things like xrefs, symbols, dimensions mtext, symbol scale, etc. make me nervous this might introduce some wacked out buggies not to mention loss of fidelity, which would have to be hunted down and added back in to meet the clients needs. Any thoughts?
#64773 by Ted B
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 am
I'm still using Version-13. **Hangs head in fiscal shame** Version-16 to Version-13 is tough-enough, to go back as far as Version-11 strikes me as potentially-dangerous to drawing integrity.

If you are going to be doing substantial business, get him to atleast upgrade one or two seats -- even if not his entire office.