Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65401 by mfmanuel
Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm
I Have been using DataCAD version 10 for a long time. I really don't use 3D features and basically produce 2-D construction documents only. What is the difference in the LT version exactly? It is a significant cost difference, looks like I could buy as an upgrade for $99. Would I be able to open DC10 files? Can someone advise if this option makes sense?
Thanks for the help
#65404 by Mark Toce
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:18 pm
In order to qualify for the $99 upgrade price, you must own a previous version of DataCAD LT. Ownership of a previous version of DataCAD Professional does not qualify for upgrade pricing on DataCAD LT. Retail price of a DataCAD LT 17 first license is $295. The upgrade to DataCAD 17 Professional is $495.

Both DataCAD Professional and DataCAD LT contain 2D and 3D functionality. Among the features missing from DataCAD LT are the built-in PDF writer, the ability to insert and manage XREFs, customizable keyboard macros, and the advanced polyline editing tools. You can see a complete list of features on our Web site.

https://www.datacad.com/products/dc_compare.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
#65405 by MtnArch
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 pm
Well, Mark T. beat me to the link to the comparison.

For me the biggest time savers that have been WELL worth the upgrades have been Polyline Editing, Xrefs, Self-Xrefs, and Xclips. As a primarily 2D guy as well these goodies have made my life SOOO much easier!

The upgrade to Pro will pay for itself as soon as you implement some of the new goodies in your work stream!