Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25019 by Jsosnowski
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:40 pm
I just loaded V12 test drive and attempted to start it up (after a reboot). After the 45 days left screen, the program load fails with an error message that it is unable to find the program. The error message title band says "Unable to read message from Message File" The message declaration states "C:\....\Datacad Test Drive 12 does not exist, and the exit button has other text than 'exit'. I suspect the program is not looking for the files in the right place. Any suggestions?
#25022 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:58 pm
Hello Joe:

I suspect you installed for "Just You" versus "All Users?"

MFM
#25023 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Yes, Joe,

If possible install the Test Drive version directely on C:\ root directory [C:\DataCAD 12 Test Drive].
The description of the error message looks like you (or the installation engine) did it in other place.

HTH,
Miguel

[Edit: This error message, that it "don't find the .MSG file" is typical for a different install address out of the recorded in the first line at PATH section from DCADDEMO.INI]
#25040 by Jsosnowski
Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:01 am
Yes, I had installed for a single user, so I removed the program and reinstalled for multiple users which located the directories off of the root rather than in documents and settings for my indivisual profile. It Loads up fine now. Thanks.