Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#41317 by Nick Pyner
Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:40 pm
Well, I guess the real problem is that DataCAD has to be all things to all people. As an example of that, all I want is a truly bulletproof shadow casting facility. For me, everything else is just confectionery.

I told Mark that, the day they produce that, I will come over and get it. I just learned yesterday that I can save $500 if I go via Hong Kong, so now I really mean it.
#41572 by Giuseppe Barberio
Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 pm
In an e-mail I received today from DCAD LLC, It mentions there will be a preview of DCAD X3 during their tour.

Its good to hear about the next version. I hope to hear more about the new features and upgrades.

I also hope that maybe the tour can be video taped and posted online for any of us that can't make the trip.

Giuseppe
#43304 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri May 29, 2009 5:28 pm
Is there any news on how long before the next release? I am going to purchase another V12 seat and was wondering if I should hold off for a while until X3 is released.

Thanks,

Giuseppe
#43312 by joshhuggins
Sat May 30, 2009 5:13 pm
At the San Fran meeting Mark M. said they didn't want to give any hard dates or anything, but were shooting for end of this year to early next year. Beta testing hasn't started yet so it's still a ways off and I'd guess there is going to be a fairly long beta process with all the new features shown off that will need to be tested. If you can afford to buy 12 now and upgrade later I would get 12 now. If you wait for v13 your upgrade price will by higher than upgrading from v12. So it's probably best if you can swing it to get v.12 now and upgrade to v13 when it's available. Learning what's going on in v.12 now will be a major benifit to understanding whats going to be in v.13 for sure! And what better way to help support OUR Datacad in these trying times. I'm sure they are feeling it just as most of us have been. You won't regret moving to v12 at all. I'd bet you'll wish you upgraded sooner. :wink:
#43313 by MtnArch
Sat May 30, 2009 6:54 pm
(psst ... Josh)

(... Guiseppe mentioned buying "... another V12 seat" - so I think he knows the benefit of being on V12!!!)

:wink:
#43318 by joshhuggins
Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 am
Ahhhh, :oops: :wink: