Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#43171 by TEC
Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 pm
Hi guys,

Was just hoping that you could help us out a little bit. The issue we are having is that or consultant sends a drawing from AutoCAD and the Square meter symbol they use converts in DataCAD as something like /{2}/ instead of the little 2. So we see for example "435m/{2}/" (minus the quotations) at one point they changed something on their end with the little 2 and it came through as "435m@" (minus the quotations). I have tried searching the forum not was to have not luck on this exact issue, on the main DataCAD website i found fonts that are used in AutoCAD and tried installing them they didn't install but i don't think that is what the issue would be.

We are using DataCAD12 with the latest update.

Thanks Eyl ><
#43179 by ORWoody
Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 am
Also check that they aren't using a font that has been modified.
I changed my basic fonts to show fractions and characters using single letter or character keys that are seldom if ever used. Then, when I sent them to the engineer in an ACAD translation, all he saw were the original keys. My key for 1/4" was the | key and there were an awful lot of strange dimension notes floating around. I have to be very careful now with which fonts I use if the drawings are going out of my hands.
#43310 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat May 30, 2009 9:14 am
TEC wrote:Hi guys,

Was just hoping that you could help us out a little bit. The issue we are having is that or consultant sends a drawing from AutoCAD and the Square meter symbol they use converts in DataCAD as something like /{2}/ instead of the little 2. So we see for example "435m/{2}/" (minus the quotations) at one point they changed something on their end with the little 2 and it came through as "435m@" (minus the quotations). I have tried searching the forum not was to have not luck on this exact issue, on the main DataCAD website i found fonts that are used in AutoCAD and tried installing them they didn't install but i don't think that is what the issue would be.

We are using DataCAD12 with the latest update.

Thanks Eyl ><

Hello Eyl,

When you're importing an Autocad drawing, the first dialog that appears is where you can set the exchange among AC-DC Linetypes and Fonts.
Therefore, at that moment you'll choose which font (from AC) swaps to DC Font.

Download the font file below, which is a vectorial font (derivated from HLV-850), with several of the special characters:
http://www.datacad.com.br/down/sup-dc/fontes/hlv11-br.shx

and do the following steps:

1) Load the .SHX file at your DataCAD 12\Fonts Folder;
2) Start DataCAD, and create a new (empty) drawing;
3) Choose File/Import and pick up the AC (.DWG) file of your choice;
4) On the above mentioned dialog, for choosing fonts, set this font (HLV11-BR) as the replacement for all the VECTORIAL fonts which are being brought from the Autocad drawing version;
5) After finished the importation process, check if the characters are being correctly displayed.

HTH,
Miguel
#43314 by Design&CodeGuy
Sat May 30, 2009 7:37 pm
We were also having problems with fonts and found that our fix was to overwrite our existing DataCAD fonts with AutoCAD fonts.
Many were the same exact name, but they act differently. (Fonts as basic as RomanS)
Example:
DataCAD seems to include the letter and line space in text size where AutoCAD only includes the letter size.
When translated the font size is off and so is the line spacing. Switching to all AutoCAD fonts worked and hasn't affected our work in DataCAD.

Hope this helps.

BTW:
This also fixed any dimension problems we were having.