Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63827 by E_maust
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 am
Is there any way to explode the smart doors in a model into slabs or polygons? I've tried just using the explode option, and it doesn't work, so I was wondering if there is another method.
#63828 by Mark Toce
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 am
Click on the Tools pull-down menu and then pick Extract 2D/3D. If you want to extract 2D information (i.e. lines) make sure that Extract 2D is toggled on in the side menu. If you want to extract 3D information (i.e. slabs and polygons), make sure that Extract 3D is toggled on in the side menu.

Choose the Smart entities from which to extract the information by Entity, Group, Area, or Fence. When you have finished selecting the entities, click Continue to complete the process. DataCAD displays the message Geometry extracted from X entities.

The new information is placed on new layers, and does not destroy the original Smart entities. The new layers will have the same name as the original layers on which the information was drawn, except with a "_2d" or "_3d" suffix added to the end of the name. Turn off the original layers (which contain the Smart entities) and turn on the new layers (which contain the extracted information) to see the results.