Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65476 by scottr303
Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 pm
Earlier tonight I deactivated my desktop and activated my laptop. I went to switchback soon there after so I deactivated my laptop but get the "Activation Failed 516" and This license has been revoked". I have been able to reactivate the laptop so I can do some more work but this is the second time this has happened. It is night so I will call in the morning. Any ideas?

I shouldn't have to buy a another license just to assure my ability to work. Even Adobe allows activation on 2 machines and they are sticklers.

Still, it is the best dang program out there hand has been my bread and butter for over 25 years.
#65479 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 pm
Try going here: https://secure.softwarekey.com/solo/cus ... ogout=true

The log in name should be your e-mail address that you used with DC LLC and the password is what you use to activate and de-activate DataCAD. This may or may not help you - but it's worth a try until DC LLC opens up in the morning!
#65611 by GuyS
Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 pm
Ah....ugh! I use the batch file to activate/deactivate my DataCAD license. For some reason today it is not working. I am losing precious time on an urgent project and I just get voice mail at DataCAD's phone system for technical support.
Referring to a previous poster, why doesn't DataCAD offer a license to two computers so this doesn't happen? I'd be willing to pay the extra money to always have my desktop and my laptop licenses available.
I tried the "softwarekey" link and it just times out.
#65612 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:50 pm
Apparently the host servers for the activation are down.
#65613 by GuyS
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm
Don't suppose there is anything I can do?

I've always had a concern about this online activation thing failing.
#65615 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:21 pm
Call Datacad tech support number, they should be able to get you back to work one way or another.
#65621 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm
If you're in a jam due to the current server outage, you can perform a manual activation. Go to the Windows Start menu and highlight the DataCAD program group. You should see a License Actions sub-folder. Select Activate DataCAD from there. This should force DataCAD to launch with the Activation dialog. Select Activate Manually, then enter your license ID and password in the next dialog. Select continue to see User Code 1 and User Code 2. You can e-mail these values to help@datacad.com along with your DataCAD version and edition (i.e. DataCAD 16 Subscription Edition, or DataCAD 17 Professional). We will then reply with Activation Code 1 and Activation Code 2 which you can use to activate DataCAD.

Note: User Code 1 is automatically generated each time you run the activation, so don't dismiss the dialog before receiving the activation codes from us.
#65629 by GuyS
Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:34 pm
Thanks for coming to the rescue DataCAD! I used the manual method Mark suggested and bingo back working right away.