Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65118 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:32 pm
Hello folks,

I am working in drawings that were imported DWG's that came from Ribbet (!), and I need to Copy/Paste some hatch patterns between the two AEC files.

The hatch patterns are correct in the drawing made by importing the DWG, but when I past them into the other AEC file, some of the patterns are changed!

Is this because the hatch patterns are defined differently in the two files, possibly? So much in DWG's (and apparently Ribbet) are duplicate - the same with different names, so possibly the same name has different definitions?
#65122 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm
Could you use the Hatch Manager to Save As the pattern in the first file to something with a unique name, and then assign that new pattern in the second file?

Also what is a Ribbet?
#65124 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:40 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Umm, Revit mebbe?
I thought that too, but I did a quick search for Ribbet and actually got a few results back related to CAD but couldn't find an actual answer. Thought it might be something else like a freeware CAD program.
#65125 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 pm
Naahh ... kinda like when we (and I think Jim Horecka first penned it) call the 800# gorilla "AckCAD"! A "somewhat" term of endearment?

:lol:
#65127 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:43 am
Yes, it is Revit.

The way I am fixing this is saving out the correct pattern, and the reloading it in the other drawing. Some require that I rehatch things.

In the office we are working with, they are losing some of the hatch patterns when importing the DWG's (that Revit is exporting) - are missing in AckCAD. So, I am guessing that Revit is not consistent, or a setting they don't know about is different.
#65136 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:38 pm
This is a Copy / Paste issue, but it involves a symbol. I Copy a border symbol (from our client) and in that symbol I had inserted a symbol of our logo and address. I am moving to CD's and the border size changed from the DD set, so I Copy / Paste the new border.

When I paste it, the logo disappears. Hmmm. So I insert the symbol again, and save and exit the Symbol Editor.

And now there are TWO copies of the logo shown. What's up wid' 'dat?
#65137 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 pm
I'm sorry you lost my there bud.
Attachments
onigce.jpg
onigce.jpg (11.15 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
#65138 by Nick Pyner
Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Yes, it is Revit.
I am guessing that Revit is not consistent,

I think the correct term here is "not industry standard, you know"