Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#33882 by The Cad Man
Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:14 pm
I just recently updated DataCAD to V.12.06.00.20, and am now experiencing problems with hatching. I am now getting an outline everytime I try to hatch something (associative or not). I know how to turn it off manually after the fact, but before the update it was creating the hatch and not displaying the outline. Another computer in our office has not been updated for a while and is currently at V.12.04.01.02, and hatches without applying the boundary like we are used to. Any ideas on how to get this to STAY OFF unless i turn it on manually? Thanks!
#33888 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:10 pm
Hello,

If you go to Hatch/Hatch Type and toggle on No Outline before hatching, then that should do it. If you do associative hatch, and then you toggle it to No Outline, you can then just re-hatch it.

BTW, there is nothing you cannot do with associative hatch -- so why ever use non-associative?
#33908 by The Cad Man
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 am
Ironically enough, that option is not present, and i think thats the issue??? Is there a way to change an .INI file or something? Here is a screen shot of my Hatch / Hatch Type Menu.

#33909 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 am
Hello,

If you toggle on Associative in the previous menu, then the F5 Outline and F6 No Outline buttons should show up?

As I said, you can do anything and everything with associative hatch that you can ever need to. Non-associative hatch is clunky and inelegant IMO.
#33910 by The Cad Man
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:25 am
I see how that does work. Thank You. However, sometimes we find it more practical for the situation to use un-associative hatch. Why is the boundary showing up on that command all of a sudden (since new update)?
#33912 by Mark Toce
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am
The Cad Man wrote:I see how that does work. Thank You. However, sometimes we find it more practical for the situation to use un-associative hatch. Why is the boundary showing up on that command all of a sudden (since new update)?

It's a bug. I can reproduce it here and have logged the description.
#33914 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:59 am
Hello,

The Cad Man wrote:However, sometimes we find it more practical for the situation to use un-associative hatch.

Can you do a screen capture (Print Screen and Paste it into an image editor) of an example that you use non-associative hatch for, and post it, please?
#33921 by The Cad Man
Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:45 am
Can you do a screen capture (Print Screen and Paste it into an image editor) of an example that you use non-associative hatch for, and post it, please?

Here is an example. We use it to represent stucco on our elevations (Cement pattern at a scale of 90). With Non-Associative hatch we can copy and manually add extra dots between windows or other places where we may need them. It is quite time consuming to do associative hatch on a complicated elevation (multiple windows, arches, columns, trim types, etc.), we find it easier to just hatch a large rectangular shape of hatch and use Layer Search to remove it from the areas we do not want it. We like the scale where it is at, so reducing the scale wont work for us, as it draws too much attention to itself at a smaller scale. We do however use associative hatch on our floor plans, and for our interpretations of stone, shingle, and lap siding.

#33924 by Roger D
Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:44 pm
I'd still use Assoc. Hatch in those areas.
Hit the area once with contour search on to hatch the area. If not enough dots, change scale and select the entity to change what it loolks like.

I know it used to be harder, but I'd suggest trying it again.
#33925 by The Cad Man
Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:49 pm
There are stilll too many issues with contour search and finding the boundaries when curves are present. Any ideas when this will be improved? Also, is there any way to get that outline off by changing an .INI file around or do I have to wait for the next update? Thanks
#33931 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:12 pm
Hello,

Voids are now much improved, so I would use them to do this. To add a void, you just snap the rectangle, and if it has an arch top, just change the top edge to an arc. Not dense enough? As mentioned, just change the scale and rehatch. If there are blank spots, you can choose a small angle and rehatch. Much simpler than having to add/copy lines.

And it is just one entity; rather than hundreds/thousands of entities.
#33986 by mijenix
Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm
I'm having the same problem. I am getting a border around my hatch whether the outline is toggled on or off. And I get a border whether or not i'm using associative or not. Is there a fix for this, it is very annoying.
#34000 by Mark Toce
Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:26 am
mijenix wrote:I'm having the same problem. I am getting a border around my hatch whether the outline is toggled on or off. And I get a border whether or not i'm using associative or not. Is there a fix for this, it is very annoying.

It will be fixed in the next update.