Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#54289 by linethrower
Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 am
Hello all

I have a file with 9 drawings within it. At some point corruption occurred. A center line line- type no longer displays properly and when I use the CTRL-ALT keys to pan they display as if they ran on forever. The edit as a normal line length - as in I can stretch, erase partial and pick the endpoints. When I try to copy a detail with this line type the file type closes when I try to select reference point. I have purged the file several times. The last time I erased all the center lines before purging the file. In the new file, when I draw a center line it displays as before. So some info is remaining with file. Everything works fine in a new drawing and any other created drawing. So I do not believe the line types file got corrupted. (File sizes of the line type file & a saved original copy is the same.)
Has anyone had an experience like this and have any knowledge of a repair process? The only thought I have left is eliminate all centerlines and cut & paste into new drawing. Has anyone being able to clear up drawing corruption in this manner?
So far the drawing continues to open without signs of any other problems. Hopefully it will for the duration of the project.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Linethrower
#54837 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:49 am
Sorry this is so late, had saved the post to my drafts because I didn't have time to finish it before. :oops:

There is a Reload option from the Linetype, Manage dialog box to reload the linetype definition from the hard drive. If that doesn't work, could try turning on all the layers, do a change, linetype to a linetype you know is not used anywhere in the drawing, set Mask to the bad linetype in question and select all (Ctrl+A) to change the bad line types to the temporary linetype. Then close the linetype manager close and save the drawing (or use File, Purge and create a new file). Reopen the file and preform another Change, Linetype with Mask set for the temp linetype and then change it back to the centerline linetype or to another linetype of your choosing. This will only work if there are no symbols in the drawing that use that bad linetype. If that bad linetype is in a bunch of symbols and the Linetype Manager Reload didn't work for some reason you will have to repeat the linetype temp replacement in each symbol :( Good luck.