What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#45586 by csteidel
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm
We have a small title block that we add to 8-1/2"x 11" size plans that we fax or pdf/email to clients for preliminary review and comment. It has a copyright symbol and year. I'd like to be able to make the year a self-updating stamp.

Also, is it possible to make the current plot scale a stamp? It would be awesome to have the plot scale as part of this small title block, but as a stamp which would automatically update for these drawings!

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
#45595 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 am
csteidel wrote:...It has a copyright symbol and year. I'd like to be able to make the year a self-updating stamp.

I second you, Carl.

Also, is it possible to make the current plot scale a stamp? It would be awesome to have the plot scale as part of this small title block, but as a stamp which would automatically update for these drawings!

Stamps are great features that have not yet received the complete attention. The announced improvements that will take place now on X3 with the ability to dynamically update each GTV, could include all its respective adjustements with plotter scale indication.
Nice shot!

Thanks,
Miguel
#50326 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 pm
csteidel wrote:Also, is it possible to make the current plot scale a stamp?

Hello Carl:

Yes, it is possible. However, if you're using MSP, at what scale do you place your title block? I suspect you place it at 1:1 or 12" = 1' - 0". In this case, the stamp would say 'Scale: 12" = 1' - 0"' which is not what you want.

In Quick Layout, the stamp would use the current plot scale. In MSP, the stamp would use the detail scale.

FWIW,

MFM
#50330 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:
csteidel wrote:Also, is it possible to make the current plot scale a stamp?

Yes, it is possible ...

Just so we're clear on this: It is not possible in the current version. :wink:

Dave
#50423 by csteidel
Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:47 pm
Thanks Mark & Dave. Maybe these can make it into the next update?
#50430 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 pm
Yes indeedy! Any other Stamp requests whilst I'm in there messing about?

Dave
#50433 by MtnArch
Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 pm
How 'bout the General Contractor paying the Architect extra bucks just 'cause the Architect's a nice guy ... ?

:wink:

(well, Dave ... you DID ask!!!) :lol:
#50440 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 pm
How about the 'GC pays the Architect the money he owes him' stamp. :roll:
#50468 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:37 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:...Any other Stamp requests whilst I'm in there messing about?
Dave

As much as you asked, Mr. G., I'll throw some...

Is there any chance to increase the range of variables covered by Stamps, adding the smart objects variables as well ?

I'll share an example: it's required among us, by the national standards for drafting, that every opening must be documented in Plan, by its main dimensional characteristics. The minimun information must be: width, opening height and sill height, but additional data could enhance the results.

Since smart openings became reality, its components data are now able to be handled in automatic way, considering that all parts are working conjugated.

Would be possible to think about a symbol with text attribute fields which would update the information directly from the database ?

These data are already available. A rich source of ideas I like to think is the "Stamp" feature, which can handle and update some precious informations from the drawing. Would it be available for handling this 'internal' openings data ?

The symbol could provide all data, and be customizable by the user in his library.

Thanks,
Miguel