Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#30884 by John Rowan
Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 am
My "Scale Type" keeps changing from mm to meters. I'm not sure what key strokes I'm using to induce this but I think it's related to either identify set all or editing PText. I'll keep working and try to spot when it changes.

Also, identify set all on an existing dimension causes the dimensions to display in meters despite the scale type being mm. "U" refreshes them back to mm

Just noticed that identifying hatch and fills will cause the scale type to change
#30897 by Mark Toce
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:15 pm
Thanks for the report. I'm able to reproduce it here in 12.04.01.02. We'll correct this problem in the next update.
#30901 by John Rowan
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:33 pm
Mark Toce wrote:Thanks for the report. I'm able to reproduce it here in 12.04.01.02. We'll correct this problem in the next update.

Many Thanks :D
#30925 by Tony Blasio
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 am
I am not experiencing the scale type changing but I am having to keep turning the Stached Fractions back on. It keeps turning off for some reason.
#30928 by John Rowan
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:18 am
I must have reset the scale to mm from m 25 times or more today, it's driving me nuts!!! :cry: The real pain is when I offset something a few hundred mm and wonder where the new item has gone, only to find it residing in the next ball park!

Tony, I assume you will be using good old feet and inches. Perhaps it's only affecting metric scales??
#30932 by Mark Toce
Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:06 pm
John Rowan wrote:I must have reset the scale to mm from m 25 times or more today, it's driving me nuts!!! :cry: The real pain is when I offset something a few hundred mm and wonder where the new item has gone, only to find it residing in the next ball park!

Tony, I assume you will be using good old feet and inches. Perhaps it's only affecting metric scales??

Yep - it's resetting the Scale Type to Architectural. We're working on it...
#30933 by Tony Blasio
Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 pm
Yup I am only using the Feet & Inches.
#30934 by John Rowan
Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm
Mark Toce wrote:
John Rowan wrote:I must have reset the scale to mm from m 25 times or more today, it's driving me nuts!!! :cry: The real pain is when I offset something a few hundred mm and wonder where the new item has gone, only to find it residing in the next ball park!

Yep - it's resetting the Scale Type to Architectural. We're working on it...

Yes - that's one problem, but the other is from milimeters to meters. So it's not just "Architectural" scales.

I'm appreciative that you are working on it - I was only passing comment to Tony and didn't intend to whinge to much :oops:

It's been a long day!
#30936 by Mark Toce
Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:57 pm
John Rowan wrote:Yes - that's one problem, but the other is from milimeters to meters. So it's not just "Architectural" scales.

I did see that happen as well in a file that another user sent in. I'll make sure to test it before the update is posted.
#30949 by ROBERT PENN
Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:12 pm
We have also noticed a similar thing, although it is not happening any where as much as John.
We normally work in AS1100 scale but over three different machines we find that every couple of days we find we have been switched to the Arch scale.
Don't know if this all related to the same problem as the other users, just wanted to let the gurus at datacad know that it is variable scales that it happens to.
#30966 by Tony Blasio
Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:24 pm
I hope the guys in Avon are having luck squashing this one. It is really getting to me :(

Is there a command or keystroke that makes the scale settings change? Something that can be avoided maybe??
#30980 by Mark Bell
Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:22 pm
We noticed this too on one machine yesterday (a new install and the latest download). When Identifying a line to check its length, the readout would be in fractions - assuming US architecural instead of metric?
#30982 by Daniel Kaczor
Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:42 pm
Mark Bell wrote:We noticed this too on one machine yesterday (a new install and the latest download). When Identifying a line to check its length, the readout would be in fractions - assuming US architecural instead of metric?

Mark -

I think your particular problem is not directly related to the problem in this thread.

It is related to the additional scale setting required in Measures, Area/Per./Scale Type which needs to be set to metric so that Identify reads correctly for you.

HTH
#30984 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:01 pm
I think I've got a handle on this one and have it corrected for the next update.

Daniel Kaczor wrote:... It is related to the additional scale setting required in Measures, Area/Per./Scale Type which needs to be set to metric so that Identify reads correctly for you.

That setting only effects Area and Volume readouts.

Dave
#30988 by Paul Nida
Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:50 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:I think I've got a handle on this one and have it corrected for the next update.

Daniel Kaczor wrote:... It is related to the additional scale setting required in Measures, Area/Per./Scale Type which needs to be set to metric so that Identify reads correctly for you.

That setting only effects Area and Volume readouts.

Dave

Dave,
for your information, I just had a drawing file where this setting affected all of the measures and identify readouts. In other words when I identified a line it showed the length etc. using the scale type used in the Measures, Area/Per menu.